2012 will be the 10th Anniversary of the United Nations Action Plan on Ageing. In response to the demographic challenge all EU member states are facing the EY2012 will seek to:
Promote active ageing in employment
Promote active ageing in the community through volunteering and caring
Promote healthy ageing and independent living
Enhance solidarity between generations in order to create a society for all ages
The European Year is designed to serve as a framework for:
- raising awareness on the contribution that older people make to society and the important part that young people play for a holistic society;
- identifying and disseminating good practice;
- mobilising policymakers and relevant stakeholders at all levels to promote active ageing;
- calling for greater cooperation and solidarity between generations.
A wide range of stakeholders: national, regional and local authorities, employers and trade unions, the business sector, civil society organisations, researchers, etc. should use this opportunity to propose action to support active ageing in the field of: employment, social protection, family policies, education and training, health and social services, as well as housing, transport, leisure, and public infrastructures.
All together they can help bring the necessary changes to achieve a society for all ages and to find innovative solutions that are sustainable and fair for all generations.
How can you contribute?
- Help us spread the information!
– Add the reference to the European Year 2012 to your website (click here for the official logo of the EY2012 in all EU languages)
– Add the reference to the European Year 2012 to your publications
– Translate our message in your own language
– Promote our Campaign by inserting a reference in your e-mail signature
– Give regular updates about the campaign through your individual and/or organisation’s communication channels (newsletters, Facebook, Twitter..)
- Commit to promote active ageing!
– Integrate the EY 2012 objectives in your own work programme/business plan
– Advertise your commitments/ initiatives on the EY 2012 website.
- Join our campaign