Staying Steady – Project Manager / Senior OT or PT
Start date – May 2018
Salary – £22,200 3 days a week ( based on £37,000 pro rata)
Location – Hackney
Responsible to: the Projects Manager of MRS Independent Living
Responsible for: the staff delivering the program( usually 6 self employed professional tutors)
Introduction: MRS Independent Living is a well-established user-led independent charity working in north-east London with older people and people with disabilities. We identify technical solutions and provide innovative services to support individuals, their families and care workers. The organisation develops services and evaluates its activities against the expressed needs and aspirations of its service users.
MRS Independent Living has undergone some major changes in its service provision over the last year. Currently our services include:
- a community-based strength and balance programme
- a therapeutic decluttering programme
- a peer support programme
- the provision of small adaptations and aids
We are now looking to recruit a OT, PT or Practitioner with equivalent qualifications and project management experience to oversee and contribute to the development of our established Community Falls Prevention Programme which is part of Hackney’s Falls and Bone Health Pathway.
Main Responsibilities of the Position:
- Oversee and directly support the day-to-day running of the programme
- Take a lead in the development, research, and delivery aspects of the programme
- Develop effective strategies for the prevention of falls and to achieve the best possible results for our service users
- Oversee the day to day running of the Staying Steady Community Falls Prevention Programme.
- Teach and cover classes on the Staying S programme
- Lead on programme data collection.
- Develop budgets/ activities to deadlines
- Take part in strategic working groups and therapy-led falls prevention meetings within the NHS and Public Health structures
- Review and improve arrangements with the administrator as when required.
- Assess/ evaluate programme performance, ensuring it achieves KPI’s set out by funding agencies.
- Prepare reports for the Project Manager as required.
- Proven experience as a Senior OT or Physio or of Senior equivalent experience in Falls Prevention and promoting Bone Health
- A PSI qualification or willingness to immediately gain this qualification on appointment
- Experience of working with older people in their home and in community settings
- Experience of managing a small team
- Experience of generating and managing budgets
- Experience of work in a diverse community
- Understanding of social prescribing in the NHS and voluntary sector network
- Ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of settings
- Familiarity with current office management systems and ability to work without additional administrative support.
- Previous experience of working in both a statutory and community setting
- A qualification or ability to qualify as an OTAGO practitioner
How to apply – Please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter stating how your experience meets the requirements of this post to email@example.com
Closing Date: 9 am 11/05/2018